“I want to guard flowers against animals
I admire beauty and promote love
I want a wholesome peace with no crack
That's why I'm continuously under attack!”

RAPIDFIRE POEMS OF AN INCARCERATED POET FROM PAKISTAN

Mercedes-Benz and BMW

By Habib Sulemani











I know: my allusions, allegories, rhymes and color,
even my rhythm and dance (never seen) can’t 
change their criminal minds!

But, being a commoner from the 180-M Street,
my simple symbols, metaphors and similes've
won hearts and minds of people; but tyrants 
say: “Your words hit harder than a bullet!”

They’re using armored Mercedes-Benz W221,
BMW 5 to 7 Series official state cars (in a country, 
where the helpless common people commit suicide 
as they can't pay taxes anymore!),

how my words can hit the tyrants like bullets as
they own all guns including the stolen nukes;
do words pierce bulletproof cars for real?

It's unbelievable, or maybe there is something,
something really strange! 
How my words can hit callous killers like bullets,
eh, tears of the gang!

I never meant to hurt anybody. Never you!
I just wanted collective behavioral change,
and here you are!

“You would be playing flute before a snake,” a stooge 
had said, "but you can't hypnotize the reptile!" 

"To protect my little crowded planet," I responded, 
"I can do anything even playing a snake-charmer!"
--
Sources